Friday, December 2, 2011
1. November has been a rather blah month, heralding the coming of winter.
2. It has been accompanied by wild weather in Calgary. (Wildest to date? The wind storm on Sunday, with winds at the tops of buildings as high as 149 km/hour – see here for cool pictures).
3. Only damage at our house? The clothes line and pole fell down.
4. Luckily, no laundry on it.
5. Not the case yesterday, when there were winds again – and the sheets blew off, because even though they were dry, no-one (I’m talking to you, boys) thought to bring them in.
6. Until this morning, when I went out and saw one of the sheets wrapped around the lilac tree.
7. This means....more laundry.
8. We are on the edge of yet another wind warning today.
9. No laundry on the line - yet.
10. Wind warning is complicated by the fact that there is now ice and snow on the roads.
11. Sometimes winter is a b****.
12. Summer here is often not much better.
13. Spring can be iffy too.
14. The only season we can count is fall.
15. It heralds…the onset of winter.
16. Sometimes? I wonder why we live here.