I am generally a low maintenance kind of woman. But I am having a bad day. Do you think you could do something about the following 6 things before I get (even more) cranky?
1. People who use the self checkout line for a cart full of groceries. I get that you like to scan the groceries and pack them. But come on - when there are clerks with 1 person in line - and there are 6 people with two items each standing in the self check out line, do us all a favour and go to the clerk who will scan and bag your groceries in half the time - I promise everyone will be happier.
2. People who use the outside lane to sneak up and try and get in to the traffic line-up when the lane ends. If the lane ends because there is street parking or because 500 yards previously there was a sign indicating a move from two lanes to one, please don't try and pretend you didn't see it and then nose in in front of me. That's just rude.
3. Weathermen who predict that snow is going to come.....and then it doesn't. We live on a designated snow route, which means when snow comes, we can't park in front of our house for 72 hours or until the city says we can. I have to move my old car (not yet sold) to a side street for the duration. But then the snow doesn't come. Either be winter or don't - but I am tired of this fussing around. Just saying.
4. Why can't Starbucks have a "This line coffee only" line-up? I only want a cup of dark with room for cream. Having to wait for the person in front of me to order
5. People who wish me Merry Christmas- it is November 29. Christmas is still 26 days away. Can we stop already??
6. Four-way stops - these are very popular here in Calgary - but it appears that many, many people have forgotten how to use them. Today, I was stopped - and then started to go when it was my turn, only to have a car turn left in front of me. The guy behind me rammed my car, because he "thought it was your turn to go" - it was, but someone else thought not.
If you could manage these things? It might make life a little brighter for everyone - or at least better for me - and that's what really counts, isn't it?
Thanking you in advance, I remain