Saturday, February 19, 2011

The top ten reasons why I am glad my daughter came home for reading week.

Baby girl is home for reading week and here is why I like it:

10. The estrogen to testosterone level in the house is more balanced.
9. She likes to drink stinky (or fruity as my husband calls it) tea.
8. The laundry is no longer overwhelmingly black jeans and t-shirts. It also has frilly underwear and cute little socks.
7. She answers with more than a "Huh?" when I ask a question.
6. She doesn't trade fisticuffs with her brother - just for fun. (She doesn't trade fisticuffs period.)
5. She wipes down the kitchen counter.
4. She WANTS to go to the market with me - and not just because I will buy her something.
3. She never looks into the fridge and asks if we have any food in this house.
2. She will watch Glee and Grey's Anatomy with me and not tease me.

And the number one reason why I am glad she came home for reading week?

1. She's right under my nose and I get to see her - every day!!(Until she goes away again in a week!!)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! You won the Starbucks card over at my place. You have Starbucks up there, right?

    ReplyDelete