So a friend sent me this - it's called "Getting to know your friends and family". I am supposed to answer the questions and then forward it on.
I don't like the forwarding on part - mostly because I never know who to send it to. The people in my book club wouldn't appreciate it (I don't think). I could send it to my family - but one is on a plane coming home (yey! It's my husband), one is sick in bed (and would tease me mercilessly), another would think it was stupid (boys are like that, I find), so likely my daughter would answer it. But I could probably answer it for her.
But I like them, so I thought this was an appropriate place to send it. With commentary, of course.
1. What color are your socks right now? White and blue running socks - my favourite - but pricey! (For a sport that is supposed to be low-tech, I keep racking up the bills at Gord's!!)
2. What are you listening to right now? CBC radio - I'm Canadian like that - and keep your mitts off it, Prime Minister Harper!!
3. What was the last thing you ate? Special K cereal bar. Too busy driving an unappreciative (read male) child around to get dinner. And then I wanted to run, And now it feels too late to eat. But I should.
4. Can you drive a stick shift? Yes - and all my children will too. Because it's a life skill.
5. Last person you spoke to on the phone. My daughter - who was excited because she got her first pay cheque for 3 weeks work. (I used to get like that - now it's just a wee small drop in the bucket.)
6. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Yes !! It was my friend Nancy.
7. How old are you today? 53 (but I feel....42)
8. What is your favorite sport to watch on TV ? Hockey - again, Canadian like that. I even prefer to watch most games on the TV rather than live. It's cheaper, I can knit, they show replays and because we have a PVR, I can reverse to discuss a contentious call. I can also yell at the TV and not embarrass my kids. Well, I guess they are still embarrassed, but since no-one they know, or might know are anywhere near, I'm OK with that.
9. What is your favorite drink? Red wine - although coffee is a close second - or first, depending on the time of day. Because really, I shouldn't be drinking red wine first thing in the morning. The neighbours will talk.
10. Have you ever dyed your hair? No - natural blonde as a teenager, so why would I? Brown and grey now - God's highlights (as my hairdresser says). Besides, it gives me something to point to when my children are stressing me and say"Here - this hair just turned grey because of your attitude!!
11. Favorite food? At the moment? Curry - but chocolate, prime rib and home-made pasta are right up there.
12. What is the last movie you watched? Hmmm - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows , part one. I think.
13. Favorite day of the year? Boxing Day - because while most people are out cramming the malls, I'm in my jammies, listening to the peace and quiet of 3 teenagers and a husband sleeping. And giving thanks that another year has been successful.
14. How do you vent? Mostly talk to myself - but I can get a good rant going with encouragement from just about anyone. And I find that running is very therapeutic (and almost cheaper than a therapist.)
15. What was your favorite toy as a child? My Dorothy doll - given to me by a family friend. I think my mom still has her stashed away. But I'd rather not ask. What if she has thrown her out?
16. What is your favorite season? Spring - it glorifies life in a lovely, brash way.
17. Cherries or Blueberries? Neither, although I eat blueberries for the health benefit - but only in a smoothie. And I like cherries when they are fresh and in season. But how come the limit? Where's the other berry family members?
18. Do you want your friends to e-mail you back? Well, I prefer that to emails about hair laser removal or waxing or get rich schemes. But my friends have lives, so I don't stress (too much).
19. Who is the most likely to respond to this questionnaire? My daughter. Followed by my sister. If I send it.
20. Who is least likely to respond? My husband - if I sent it to him (which I won't).
21. Living situation? Married, with too many shoes and dirty dishes.
22. When was the last time you cried? I don't cry easily or often - but I did cry after I left my daughter at university (wasn't she just in day care yesterday?) and after my marathon. And I have been known to tear up at sentimental songs.
23. What is on the floor of your closet right now? Shoes,and some shirts that fell - and likely a lot of dust.
24. Who is the friend you have had the longest that you are sending to? My sister.
25.What did you do last night? Made dinner (mmm, chicken curry,) read , watched an old episode of Glee and the season finale of The Good Wife, stayed up too late.
26. What are you most afraid of? Something happening to my family.
27. Plain, cheese, or spicy hamburgers? cheese
28. Favorite dog breed? If I were to get a dog - a standard poodle - but I also like black labs.
29. Favorite day of the week? Friday-I look forward to the weekend
30. How many provinces have you lived in? 2 provinces
31. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds - because the ones that I have, my husband gave me (for our engagement and for my 50th).
32. What is your favorite flower? Tulips - and I love lilacs.