Monday, March 19, 2012

Family traditions

1. Dinner out before everyone goes back to school.

2. Getting up at 7:30 on Christmas morning. (Could we make it 8:30? Or even 8:00 a.m.? Please?))

3. Prime Rib on Thanksgiving (from Bon Ton Meat Market) and at Christmas.

4. Going to the cottage with Grandma.

5. Underwear and socks in everybody's stockings! (Except mine - because I do everyone's stockings but mine. And the Santa that does my stocking doesn't do underwear or socks. Although I wish he would. It might be fun!!!!)

Most of our traditions are ones we have created ourselves. Far away from family, we have been forced to establish our way of doing things. And then sometimes, I .... shake things up. Like the year I moved the Christmas tree. 3 feet to the left. Well, you would think the earth had shifted 180 degrees, with the fuss it created. But it meant we no longer had to move furniture - and it made the living room seating less awkward. But it was a huge deal. Huge. So I have learned my lesson - maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment